The Fine Print
All Spring Creek Cottage Hepburn (SCCH) bookings are subject to the terms and conditions below. The contact person (bookable name under ‘guest’) agrees to these conditions on behalf of all persons onsite during the period of the booking. The cottages are represented honestly and accurately and by booking, guests are assumed to have read “Who does it suit” on the home page to ensure the services and amenities are suitable to your needs.
CANCELLATION & BOOKING CHANGE REQUESTS | UPDATED NOV 2023 | PLEASE READ (REFER TO EMAIL AT TIME OF BOOKING FOR YOUR SPECIFIC CANCELLATION POLICY WHICH WILL OVERRIDE THIS ONE).
The cottages book up in advance and all bookings are final – following below guidelines.
- Bookings are considered final once confirmed. No refunds will be issued but in the case of a date change (specified below), a coupon can be generated for a future booking within one year.
- Bookings are transferrable should you find somebody to take over your full booking. No partial coupons will be administered and any increase in price must be settled within 24 hours of booking.
- The definition of a ‘date’ change’ is 30 days or more prior to your stay and includes the exceptions below. All other requests within 30 days fall within the cancellation policy.
- Date changes can be entertained 30 days or more prior to your stay providing the following;
1/. The stay is for 4 nights or less
- Date changes for stays more than 30 days away and greater than 4 nights;
1/. A coupon for a later booking will be administered to the value of the first 4 nights. Should the additional nights be re-booked, SCCH will issue an additional credit note for the lesser amount of booking (yours or new booking).
- Date changes within 30 days are cancellations (as the dates run the risk of not being re-booked) and fall under the cancellation terms below.
1/. Cancellation within 30 days but more than 14 days prior to stay: coupon for 50% of stay will be issued to the maximum of the first 4 nights.
2/. Cancellation within 14 days of your stay: no coupon will be issued including in case of an unforeseen event or illness. The exceptions are;
- You find somebody to take over your booking under transferrable terms above.
- For single weekends only: Friday/Saturday. Single weekends have more chances to be rebooked within 30 days without additional marketing and expense by SCCH. If we manage to find somebody, a coupon will be issued for the amount of your booking minus any monetary changes to the new booking total.
- SCCH reserves the right to cancel bookings with appropriate refunds at any time.
- Dates can only be ‘held’ by way of official booking and payment terms below.
- All payments are due in full 30 days prior to your stay with no exceptions. Afterpay is available for pay later.
- If we cannot contact you at the time of your full payment due and have made 3 attempts, your booking will be cancelled and deposit forgeited. Dates will be opened within the following timeframes;
1/. Booking is 14 days or less: 24 hours after payment is due.
2/. Booking is more than 14 days away: 48 hours after payment is due.
CHECK IN AND CHECK OUT
- By booking (or requesting the booking) you agree to abide by check in and check out times and confirm that you have booked a length of stay suitable for you. Guests assume liabilty for accidents, disturbances (human or dog), delays to next bookings or inconvenience caused to cleaners from early or late checkouts.
Permitted Guests and number of Guests
- The definition of a ‘guest’ is any adult or child who will occupy a bed. All guests must be declared at the time of booking.
- The accommodations have a maximum capacity of 4 with the exception of self catered infants/toddlers still at cot age. Guests are limited to the number of beds stipulated in the guest booking information. Self catered infants/toddlers not utilising a bed do not have to be included in the guest count but must be self catered entirely. This includes providing own cot, bedding and linen. The accommodation is not equipped to cater for groups beyond 4, under the definition of ‘guests’.
- Only permitted and listed guests are to stay in the cottages with the exception of pet sitter or baby sitter – should an overnight stay be required. If this occurs, guests are to book and pay for the extra bed for the sitter and provide their name and details to the accommodation for emergency and risk management.
- SCCH makes all reasonable attempts and requests all guest names at booking. We accept no liability for guest identity beyond this point.
PARTIES, EVENTS AND GATHERINGS
- By definition when 3 or more non registered guests attend the property for extended periods of time
- Are not permitted without request
- The accommodations are non smoking inside or near open windows or doors. All guests to dispose of butts in provided outside refuse.
- Disruptions to peace that involve police call outs and/or accommodation notification may attract eviction without notice if the situation is untenable. In the case of an eviction whole or part, guests are not eligible for any rebates.
- Prices constructed according to house use. Guests to use only the beds chosen at time of booking.
- As self contained accommodation, guidance for cleanliness on check-out is provided in the FAQs.
- Dogs are fully welcome inside the cottages with exception of beds unless the ‘furry friend linen’ tickbox is chosen on bookings and there is zero chance of an ‘accident’ on the bed.
- Couch is fully available to dogs providing use of sheet or blankets provided by SCCH or yourselves. They are not permitted on human cushions or blankets.
- Dogs must be fully housetrained to accompany you.
- Your dogs are your accountability as are any choices for them to be inside or on the property with or without your supervision. You agree that you will ensure appropriate supervision for ‘your’ dog/s to ensure there is zero damage to the properties and their contents. SCCH holds the right to pursue financial compensation for ALL damage (including unattended/unreported urination incidents requiring professional cleaning; use of non-dog friendly beds and anything else impacting either the next stay or SCCH financially).
- The yards are secure but may or may. not cater to your dog size or mannerisms when left alone. We suggest dogs should not be unattended for long periods of time outside (wildlife, unknown reactions by dogs) but completely place responsibility/consequence with you as the owner/s to know your dogs and make these calls. A reliable pet sitter is provided in the welcome pack depending on availability and notice should you wish to pursue.
- Dogs can and have created damage to windows, weatherboards and the barn at HS when left outside fretting or jumping up on the walls inside. Please be aware and prevent this from happening as window damage in our locations will cost upwards of $600 to the guests.
LOSS AND DAMAGE
- Whilst you are in residence, you are fully responsible for all breakages and damage caused to the property, its furniture and fittings. Any breakages, damage or loss must be reported immediately so we can attend to it within the 4 hour window after your stay without holding up other guests. Preventable/fixable incidents that hold up the next booking can be pursued by SCCH for compensation.
- SCCH reserves the right to request payment in full in the event of property damage or theft either accidentally, maliciously or through negligence on the guest’s behalf.
- SCCH is not responsible for the security of your belongings and encourages you to ensure your accommodation is secure when not occupied.
- SCCH is not responsible for the safety of attended or unattended dogs on the property
- SCCH is not responsible for any calls to the property with respect to noise disturbance or law enforcement
- SCCH is not responsible for accidents you may incur by use of tools left for your accountable enjoyment.
- Internet is primarily provided to ensure guests have mobile reception if your reception is not reliable. Using Wifi calling is guest responsibility to enable on your phones. Use of internet is strictly no video or streaming (no netflix or streaming of videos whatsoever, no YouTube, no casting). Use of internet is permitted for: reception, zooms or video calling, general internet browsing (non video), social platforms, music streaming and emails.
- Replenishing the small data block we require for ongoing availability to guests will cost us upwards of $120 with our very limited rural service. Guests will be invoiced on checkout to purchase new data if internet has been mis-used.
- SCCH presents the properties in a fair and reasonable, transparent way on the website and in the description. Should something arise as an issue or a misrepresentation, SCCH must be immediately notified and given the opportunity to rectify the situation by instruction or other.
- You agree and are aware that the properties are fully self contained and has no caretaker onsite. Any emergencies requiring professional call-outs will be assessed in consultation with owner as having the ability to cause injury or harm to person or property within the immediate grounds. The Daylesford Macedon Ranges are a popular tourist spot and one that is under-manned for maintenance at the best of times. If the issue is non urgent it may be dealt with after your stay but please note we go above and beyond to ensure your comfort so you are unlikely to experience any unsatisfactory responses.
- Two keys are provided with instructions to separate them and keep one in the safe. Should a lockout still occur, we will provide access to a spare key upon contact. If this is a late hour (after 9pm), SCCH takes no responsibility for failure to respond so please read check in information in detail.
- Guests are responsible for the cost of any damage created attempting to enter a locked house, any locksmith charges and replacement key charges.